independent news and opnion

7 soldiers killed in missile attack in Yemen’s Marib

0 5


Seven Yemeni soldiers were killed in a missile attack Wednesday in the central province of Marib held by the Saudi-led coalition, a medic and military official said.

The strike on a Marib military base came after six people, among them four civilians, were killed in an attack last week on another base in the Red Sea coastal town of Mokha.

The uptick in violence follows weeks of relative calm in the war between the internationally-recognised government — backed by the coalition — and Iran-aligned Huthi rebels.

A military official, on condition of anonymity, said the Huthis carried out Wednesday’s attack.

Seven soldiers, including two senior officers, were killed and 12 others injured, he told AFP, in a casualty toll confirmed by a medic at Marib hospital.

Tens of thousands of people, mostly civilians, have been killed since Saudi Arabia and its allies intervened in the conflict to back the government against the rebels in 2015.

The conflict, which the United Nations says has caused the world’s worst humanitarian crisis, has pushed the country to the brink of famine.

In a glimmer of hope for ending the fighting, a Saudi official said last week that Riyadh now has an “open channel” with the Huthis.

Related Links

Space War News



Thanks for being here;

We need your help. The SpaceDaily news network continues to grow but revenues have never been harder to maintain.

With the rise of Ad Blockers, and Facebook – our traditional revenue sources via quality network advertising continues to decline. And unlike so many other news sites, we don’t have a paywall – with those annoying usernames and passwords.

Our news coverage takes time and effort to publish 365 days a year.

If you find our news sites informative and useful then please consider becoming a regular supporter or for now make a one off contribution.


SpaceDaily Contributor

$5 Billed Once

credit card or paypal


SpaceDaily Monthly Supporter
$5 Billed Monthly

paypal only




WAR REPORT
Dublin warns UK PM ‘no amnesty’ for soldiers in N.Ireland

Dublin (AFP) Nov 11, 2019


The Irish government said on Monday there must be “no amnesty” for British soldiers who committed crimes in Northern Ireland, after UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson made historic prosecutions an election campaign issue.

Irish Foreign Minister Simon Coveney said it was “very concerning” that the British Conservative leader had pledged to end moves to bring criminal charges against army veterans who had served in Northern Ireland during the Troubles.

Campaigning for the December 12 election, Johnso … read more






Source link

You might also like

close
Thanks !

Thanks for sharing this, you are awesome !