Every day we learn of additional Trump contacts with Russia…EVERY DAY. Mueller must be protected and allowed to complete his investigation. Trump could easily be an agent of Russia. Whether he is or not, Mueller’s report will reveal the truth. To date:
- Donald Trump associates had over 100 contacts with Russian-linked officials during the 2016 campaign and transition period, according to a report from the Moscow Project/Center for American Progress.
- In total, we have learned of 101 contacts between Trump’s team and Russia linked operatives, including at least 28 meetings. And we know that at least 28 high-ranking campaign officials and Trump advisors were aware of contacts with Russia-linked operatives during the campaign and transition.
- USA Today reports the number got bumped to 101 this week following new reports that Paul Manafort and Rick Gates shared polling data with Konstantin Kilimnik, who had ties to Russian intelligence.
- The count includes meetings with people who had ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin as well as other government officials, bankers, and intelligence operatives. Each meeting, call, and/or message was counted as a separate contact even if it was with the same person.
- It’s worth reiterating here that logging anywhere even close to 100 Russia contacts for the campaign of a U.S. presidential candidate is simply stunning. And as the Moscow Project points out, team Trump sought to cover up every last one of those contacts. The site lists at least 15 different instances in which the Trump campaign issued blanket denials about its contacts with Russia.
- There’s no reason why that number should be any higher than zero during a campaign. Apparently, that’s also what the FBI thought based on the intelligence it was gathering, which ultimately led the bureau to open an investigation into whether Trump was working for Russian interests.
- And let us not forget that Mueller has so far indicted 34 people and three companies as part of his probe into allegations of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia during the 2016 presidential election. Among them are five former Trump officials, all of whom have pleaded guilty to criminal charges, and 26 Russian nationals.
And you are still protecting Trump? Huh. Thank God for the Democratic House; they will provide oversight of Trump and all his associates. If you continue on this path, I suspect you and your fellow 20 Republicans will be looking for work after the 2020 elections.