The first edition of the Taipei Dangdai will soon be starting in the city from January 18 on view through January 20, 2019.
Blouin Artinfo shares its curation of the top galleries participating at the fair:
1. Gagosian: Located in multiple major cities in the world, Gagosian is recognized for its range of exhibitions of artworks of all mediums. The gallery will be showcasing a selection of Patti Smith’s photographs (selected by the artist herself) alongside works by other artists, including Diane Arbus, Eugene Atget, Richard Avedon, Balthus, Gregory Crewdson, Peter Lindbergh, Vera Lutter, Sally Mann, Taryn Simon, Deborah Turbeville, Cy Twombly, and Andy Warhol.
2. Lisson Gallery: Lisson Gallery is one of the most influential and longest-running international contemporary art galleries in the world. Today, the gallery supports and develops 61 international artists across two exhibition spaces in London and two in New York. Established in 1967 by Nicholas Logsdail, Lisson Gallery pioneered the early careers of important Minimal and Conceptual artists, such as Art & Language, Carl Andre, Daniel Buren, Donald Judd, John Latham, Sol LeWitt, Richard Long and Robert Ryman, among many others. It still works with many of these artists as well as other artists of that generation from Carmen Herrera to the renowned estates of Leon Polk Smith, Ted Stamm and Roy Colmer.
3. Pace Gallery: Pace Gallery is a leading contemporary art gallery representing many of the most significant international artists and estates of the 20th and 21st centuries. It has been a constant, vital force in the art world and has introduced many renowned artists’ work to the public for the first time. With over 900 exhibitions, including scholarly shows that have subsequently traveled to museums, it has also published over 450 exhibition catalogues. The gallery has continuously expanded the possibilities for its role in the Contemporary art ecosystem, engaging in collaborations with cultural institutions around the world, establishing the Pace Art + Technology new media center, and the FuturePace public art brand in a demonstration of the organization’s focus on the future.
4. Galerie Du Monde: Founded in Hong Kong in 1974, Galerie du Monde has been specializing in Modern and Contemporary works by internationally established Chinese artists for 44 years. The gallery also nurtures and promotes emerging talent, presenting a varied program of solo and group exhibitions with a strong focus on works of art on canvas, paper, sculpture, photography and new media.
5. Puerta Roja: Founded in 2010 by Adriana Alvarez-Nichol, Puerta Roja pioneers the promotion of established and emerging contemporary Latin American and Spanish artists in the Asia-Pacific region. Puerta Roja’s program focuses on expanding the understanding of Latin American artists’ contribution to the development of global art movements, selecting artists whose discourse remains relevant to the Asia-Pacific region.
Its exhibitions have introduced masters’ works from South American Geometric Abstraction, Op and Kinetic Art to Mexican Modernism such as Soto, Tomasello, Siqueiros and Carrington. In 2017, the gallery showcased the first commercial exhibition of Carlos Cruz-Diez in Asia.
The fair will be on view from January 18 on view through January 20, 2019, at Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center, Hall 1 (4th Floor), No. 1, Jingmao 2nd Road, Nangang District, Taipei City.
For details visit: https://taipeidangdai.com
Click on the slideshow for a sneak peek at the fair.