You just forgot what capitalism is. Well, you didn’t even bothered.
So i’m gonna be lazy too and refute everything in this story with a wikipedia description of capitalism.
In general, capitalism as an economic system and mode of production can be summarised by the following:
1. Capital accumulation: production for profit and accumulation as the implicit purpose of all or most of production, constriction or elimination of production formerly carried out on a common social or private household basis.
2. Commodity production: production for exchange on a market; to maximize exchange-value instead of use-value.
3. Private ownership of the means of production:
4. High levels of wage labour.
5. The investment of money to make a profit.
6. The use of the price mechanism to allocate resources between competing uses.
7. Freedom of capitalists to act in their self-interest in managing their business and investments.
Get you shit together
- Capitalism is an economic system and mode of production. IT’S NOT AN IDEOLOGY. Basically half the story can be erased.
- Wage labor. So no slaves. Subtract 17mm deaths.
- Then you blame the depression on capitalism. 144 years ago 87% of the world’s population lived with less than a dollar per month. Now it’s 14%. What could it be the cause…
- Capitalism poured fascism in Europe. The Treaty of Versailles indebted Germany pal, according to your own source. Italy literally invented the fascist ideology. Read the Fascist Manifesto. The depression was probably a component in a multi variable correlation to the rise of despots. However the Depression per se was caused by a mass printing of money by the FED in the 1920’s. That decreases profit and distorts the price mechanism feedback of capitalism. It’s a broken banking system not an general economic system cause. Subtract 70mm deaths.
- Since now you know that capitalism is not an ideology The Cold War argument is empty. The Cold War was motivated by political world affairs not by economic issues. The dispute by two world superpowers to supremacy with so many variables it’s impossible to attribute the death toll to either USA and USSR. Get a grip. Subtract 10mm deaths.
- Mercantilism is rent-seeking economics…But i’ll give this one. Sum 10mm.
- And sadly you don’t know anything about socialist economic system either. Much less the ideology. Much less business. Moog Music is not owned by the employees stupid. It has a share ownership program almost exactly as i had at top business consulting firm. 49% of the shares will be set in a trust and employees can buy a fraction of ownership given some pre set conditions. The remaining 51% will be injected in the trust 20% every year. Bottom up collectivism…..Jesus….In socialism the means of production would belong to the State not individuals that’s why it’s a collectivist system . The State would create a delegation that would dictate how many products the company had to meet in the year. It would own everything.There’s no prices attached. What Moog owner did is what we as libertarians hope. Individualism and the responsibility that comes with it. And never mind that the company can change it’s mind at every moment and compulsory buy the shares in the trust back.
Socialism definitely is a sadistic ideology and a poor economic system. Just take a 2 minutes researching to find out.
Let’s look at chart..hum…The first industrial revolution happened last century..if there was only a reason for this rise in GDP per capita 5000x fold in 20th century we didn’t achieve in a thousand years..
About your fear of
(it’s Totalitarianism ok?)
Your Founding Fathers took care that would never happen in America. And if it did they gave you the rights to bear arms and the dismantle any despot that tramples over your Natural Rights which you probably don’t even know. So let me remind you
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
United States Declaration of Independence, 1776
I feel sorry for your lack of meaningfulness. But with purpose in life comes the terror of responsibility. Choose the hard path or the nihilistic easy path. It’s your right to pursue your happiness.