HBO RECEIVES 29 PRIMETIME EMMY® AWARDS, THE MOST OF ANY NETWORK THIS YEAR; BIG LITTLE LIES LEADS HBO PROGRAMMING WITH 8 EMMYS®
HBO received 29 Primetime Emmy® Awards, the most of any network for the 16th year in a row, in the 69th Annual Primetime Emmy® Awards competition. “Big Little Lies” led HBO programming with 8 Emmys®, while “The Night Of,” “Veep” and “Westworld” each received 5 Emmys®, and “Last Week Tonight with John Oliver” received 4 Emmys®.
HBO’s Emmy® wins this year include:
- 8 Emmys® for “Big Little Lies,” including Outstanding Limited Series, Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie (Nicole Kidman), Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Movie (Laura Dern), Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie (Alexander Skarsgård), Outstanding Directing for a Limited Series, Movie or Dramatic Special (Jean-Marc Vallée), Outstanding Casting for a Limited Series, Movie or Special, Outstanding Contemporary Costumes for a Series, Limited Series or Movie and Outstanding Music Supervision.
- 5 Emmys® for “The Night Of,” including Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie (Riz Ahmed), Outstanding Cinematography for a Limited Series or Movie, Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Limited Series or Movie, Outstanding Sound Editing for a Limited Series, Movie or Special and Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Limited Series or Movie.
- 5 Emmys® for “Veep,” including Outstanding Comedy Series, Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series (Julia Louis-Dreyfus), Outstanding Production Design for a Narrative Program (Half-Hour or Less), Outstanding Casting for a Comedy Series and Outstanding Cinematography for a Single-Camera Series (Half-Hour).
- 5 Emmys® for “Westworld,” including Outstanding Creative Achievement in Interactive Media within a Scripted Program, Outstanding Hairstyling for a Single-Camera Series, Outstanding Makeup for a Single-Camera Series (Non-Prosthetic), Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (One Hour) and Outstanding Special Visual Effects.
- 4 Emmys® for “Last Week Tonight with John Oliver,” including Outstanding Variety Talk Series, Outstanding Writing for a Variety Series, Outstanding Interactive Program and Outstanding Picture Editing for Variety Programming.
- 1 Emmy® for “2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony”: Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Variety Series or Special.
- 1 Emmy® for “Once Upon a Sesame Street Christmas”: Outstanding Children’s Program.
Catch up with HBO’s Emmy®-winning programming on HBO NOW, HBO GO, HBO On Demand and affiliate portals.
Follow @HBOPR for more news and information.
HBO RECEIVES 29 PRIMETIME EMMY® AWARDS, THE MOST OF ANY NETWORK was originally published in HBO & Cinemax PR on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.