Corinne Olympios won’t let scandal on the “Bachelor In Paradise” set keep her down. As an investigation into the events between her and contestant DiMario Jackson continue, which led to the halting of production on Season 4, the former “Bachelor” star has been spotted out and about.
According to Us Weekly, Olympios was seen in Los Angeles on Thursday. She was photographed walking her dog while speaking on the phone. The “Bachelor In Paradise” star kept it casual, wearing no makeup during the outing.
Olympios’ outing comes amid conflicting reports of what occurred on the “Bachelor In Paradise” set and the ongoing sexual assault investigation. The reality star told TMZ she’s “a victim,” in her first official statement on Wednesday, adding that she felt as though she was living her “worst nightmare.” In the wake of whatever happened, Olympios said she’s been focused on moving forward, seeking therapy to heal.
“I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4,” she told TMZ. “Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production.”
In the days leading up to Olympios ’ statement release, dark details emerged about what reportedly happened to her on set. Speaking on the condition of anonymity, a crew member told Daily Mail Olympios and Jackson were in a jacuzzi “hugging and kissing and touching” when the female victim went limp. Jackson allegedly picked her up, put her on the pavement and performed oral sex on her while she “appeared to be unconscious.”
Meanwhile Jasmine Goode, who appeared on both Season 4 of the ABC reality show and “The Bachelor” Season 21 with the victim, has made statements diminishing her co-star’s allegations. Goode told Daily Mail she was “taken back” by Olympios’ statement, adding that she didn’t even believe it was written by her.
“The statement she released doesn’t even sound like her,” she said. “It sounds like someone wrote it for her.”
Whether the statement was penned by Olympios or someone speaking on her behalf, the claims she’s made are serious. Her lawyer Marty Singer’s responded to statements contradicting his client’s claims. Speaking with TMZ, he said the network wouldn’t have shut down “Bachelor In Paradise” production if something major hadn’t occurred.
“It nothing inappropriate happened, why did production get shut down? Something serious clearly happened,” he said.
A production halt isn’t the only fallout that’s occurred as a result of what allegedly went down on the “Bachelor In Paradise” set. Jackson, the “Bachelorette” Season 13 contestant accused of sexually assaulting Olympios, claims he lost his job as an executive recruiter. He told Inside Edition he is eager for tapes from the incident to be released and hoped they’d exonerate him.
“The only thing I want is for the truth to come out,” he said. “I feel like the truth will be able to come out in those videos.”
Jackson spoke out on Wednesday, responding to claims made by Olympios and her legal team. The accused told People his “character and family name has been assassinated.” He vowed to seek the counsel of a lawyer and get “all available remedies entitled to me.”
“It’s unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations,” he said. “I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitles to me under the laws.”