How to sell the great outdoors to today's campers
- Video footage of true heroes sailing down a mountain.
- Terrific personal essay on being black while climbing.
- Climber and Patagonia founder Yvon Chouinard blames "the death of the outdoors" on Outside magazine.
- FOMO helped to kill the Great Barrier Reef.
- Ultramarathoner Karl Meltzer sets Appalachian Trail record with unique fueling strategy (including bacon and beer).
- GQ's sexist climbing shoot gets properly spoofed, shot for shot.
- People in Petran, Turkey, have been snowboarding for 300 years.
- Now available: A complete guide to #vanlife for the sort of wannabe dirtbags who subscribe to Dwell.
- The Baja blanket gets a hipster millennial makeover: for $129.